Monday, September 5, 2011

Whew! What a Vacation!

The vacation is over.  The rules have been lifted.  14 days of gluten-free, (refined) sugar-free, dairy-free, meat-free living. Honestly, it was fabulous.  Challenging? Yes.  Did I crave ice cream?  Yes.  Red wine? Yes.  Was I tempted to stuff my mouth with a handful of my daughter's animal crackers and call it breakfast? Yes.  Did I give in?  No.  I juiced, blended, chopped, diced, and ate my way through an amazing two weeks.  I bought things at the farmer's market and grocery store that I never tried before.  I tweaked recipes and did some creative ordering at restaurants.  There were times when I felt limited, but never, ever deprived.  I had a renewed sense of energy and overall well-being.  My mind was clear, heart was soft, body still sore, but energized.

This ended up being more than a cleanse, more than a vacation. I learned some incredible life lessons that apply across the board:  health, family, relationships, spirituality.  There's so much I want to share, but there will be time for that in the days to come.  For now, I'm going to apply some of what I learned, listen to my body, and rest.

Good night everyone,
Kim 

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to hear more! well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Kim - Congrats! I can't fast from even caffein or sugar from one day .... So what you have done is totally amazing to me...

    ReplyDelete