Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Through Mama's Eyes

The moment I laid my eyes on you, I fell in love.  The first time you rested your head on my chest, I knew I would never be the same.  Our family's capacity to love grew exponentially the day you were born.   And today, we celebrate your life again.  As I reflect on your first year, I can't stop the tears from flowing.

You are sunshine.

And joy.

And life.

You are sweet and silly, yet strong and independent.

You love art.

And animals.

And music.

And food.

You take it all in, the way we humans should.

I love watching you explore your world.  Don't ever stop.

See every corner of it.  It is yours.

Find your wings and soar.

Don't be afraid.  You are capable of amazing things.

You make me want to do amazing things.

Laugh.

Dance.

Sing.

Love.

And know that I will love you every moment of every day for the rest of your life.

Happy Birthday to my sweet baby girl.  


I love you, 
Mommy  

4 comments:

  1. Awwww She will be over-joyed to read this one day.
    xoxoxoxo
    Have a beautiful day celebrating together!
    Love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she's one already!! Time flies so fast, especially the second time around. I told N this is such a precious time in our lives and before we know it they'll be all grown up. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you guys have a wonderful day together!!! She is so Precious! Both of your little girls are beautiful! Just like their Mommy!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Happy Birthday Gracie!

    ReplyDelete