Friday, January 6, 2012

Five Minute Friday - ROAR

It's Friday - time to stop, drop and write.  I'm joining up with Gypsy Mama for five minutes of unedited, free flowing fun.  I love today's topic.  In fact, I may have to come back to it later in the week because five little minutes may not do it justice.

Let's do this!  Five minutes on....

ROAR.  

Ready?  

Go!  


My little ones are experts.  They practice all day, every day.  Even my 16 month old has got it down.  They hold their toy lions and in full character, let out a mighty rooooooooar.  I almost always laugh and they shoot me that serious look like, "Hey, what are you laughing at?  The king of the jungle is not supposed to be funny."   They are right.  

He is King 

of the jungle.  

And his roar says it all.  

This year, 2012, I am going to learn how to roar.

No whimpering, whispering, talking under my breath.  

Roar in the face of 

disease

pain

fear of the future

the unknown.  

Roar with 

passion

conviction

love

tenacity.  

Roar.  

Because life is not small.  I will not hide until it's safe to come out.  

I will not be silent.  

Cannot be 

silent.  

I will join my little ones

and together we will

ROAR!


STOP.  


to be continued...


1 comment:

  1. Love it. I love how one's state of mind/mood can dictate one's perspective... my state of mind is not quite so positive as yours at the moment and my "roaring" enters a whole different realm. May I soon roar the way you are determined to instead of the way I am tempted to.

    ReplyDelete