Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Where are you heading?

Stop for a second.  

Think about your life at this moment.

I'm thinking about mine.  

We often ask ourselves, "Am I where I want to be?"  

While this is a valid question, I think the more important question is, "Am I heading in the right direction?"  

When I think about where I want to be one year from now... five years from now... ten years from now, am I positioned to end up there?  

This can apply to your work/career, health, relationships, personal growth, every aspect of your life.  I'm of the opinion that we don't accidentally stumble upon a lasting marriage, a fulfilling, successful career, a healthy body, or deep friendships.  

We invest in these things.  

Make decisions.  

Act. 

Daily.  

"If you do not change direction, 
you may end up where you are heading."  

~ Lao Tzu

The good news is that it's never too late to change direction.  What will I do today?  How about you?  

Take a risk?

Slow down?

Ask for forgiveness?

Eat your veggies? 

Get moving? 

Believe?

Whatever it is, know that it's bigger than today.  It will change your tomorrow.  


Kim 

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Kimi, Thank you for this one. It really is what I needed to hear right now... Love ya, Rob <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a great post Kim!! I just started exercising again regularly and eating more mindfully. I read an article in oprah that said to do things that make you feel good. Working out makes me feel wonderful afterwards, being caught up makes me feel wonderful, and applying what I've learned through my past mistakes does too, so I've been actively taking part in moving in this direction. Such an inspiring post! :)

    ReplyDelete