Monday, April 25, 2011

Blogger's Remorse

It happens every time. That cringe on my face and knot in my stomach three seconds after I click "Publish Post". It's not that I don't want people to read my post (obviously, I started a blog on the internet). It's not that I'm ashamed of what I'm putting out there (actually the journey is pretty exciting). It's just that, well, I'm usually a bit more private, so throwing my heart and soul out into cyberspace can be a little unnerving.

I started thinking about what causes my momentary blogger's remorse. Fear of judgment? Criticism? Fear of being misunderstood? Negative feedback? No feedback? And the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I really wasn't afraid of any of those things. Maybe I would have been when I was younger, before I had kids, before I faced a terrifying health scare. The more I thought about it the more I realized that I'm just out of my comfort zone and that alone can be scary. But sometimes that kind of scary pushes us to do great things, meet amazing people, create beautiful music, love without expectation.

When was the last time you did something out of your comfort zone?

Living outside the zone,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. happy mother's day kim!!! hope today was a very special day with jed and the girls! i'm enjoying your posts! you are a wonderful writer! and this one, i just smile, cuz i can totally relate! :) take care!

    ReplyDelete